TIPS FOR A SUCCESSFUL GRANT SUBMISSION
- To qualify for the Direct Grant an associate MUST have a qualifying circumstance AND qualifying expenses.
- Ensure the Direct Prep Packet is completed in its entirety.
- Advise associate he/she must have an active role throughout the review process.
- Lack of appropriate documentation will result in an immediate declination, prolonging potential assistance to the associate.
- Direct Grants are processed within 5-7 business days from the date of receipt of a COMPLETE application.
- Checks are made payable to the creditor.
- Checks are sent overnight to the associate’s store. Associates on LOA will receive checks mailed to the address on file.
- Grants are only to be submitted by authorized sponsors (ASDS and any salaried manager).
- Matching Grants require a COMPLETED Pre Approval form and a copy of the bill or expense for which payment is required. One without the other will result
in an immediate declination.
- Matching Grants pre-approvals are processed with 24-48 hours contingent if all documentation is received.
- Homer Fund applications may only be submitted through an authorized sponsor (ASDS or any salaried manager).
- Monies collected not authorized by sponsor should not be counted towards match.
- Checks are sent overnight to the associate’s store.
- Associates on LOA will receive checks mailed to the address on file.
- Checks are made payable to creditor.
- Matching Grant awards will match $2-for-$1 or up to the associate's actual need.
- Provide accurate information: correct emails & associate ID's.
All grants are urgent. Complete applications are processed in the order they are received. Incomplete applications are declined and the ability to help the associate is delayed.
How to Apply
- Ensure the associate has taken the Eligibility Quick Test
- Log into your personal Homer Fund account
- If you have not created a personal account, contact The Homer Fund at Homer_Fund@homedepot.com for assistance.