Immediate Needs vs. Urgent Needs
If an associate is in an area impacted by a natural disaster, The Homer Fund offers two ways to assist with necessities.
- Associates with an immediate need for safe shelter, food and clothing may be eligible for an emergency natural disaster grant.
- Associates with the need for repairs or establishing a new residence may qualify for the standard Direct Grant.
Please review the explanations below to determine how The Homer Fund might assist with needs related to a natural disaster.
CRITICAL AND IMMEDIATE NEEDS
The emergency natural disaster grant is available for associates in IMMEDIATE need of safe shelter, sufficient food and adequate clothing due to a natural disaster. The emergency process is available for short time (typically, 3-5 days post-strike), and qualifying associates are those who fit the following description:
- Associates living in a mandatory or strongly recommended evacuation area
- Associates who cannot afford the costs related to emergency evacuation and temporary displacement (i.e., paying for temporary housing & food while displaced)
- Evacuating associates who will be staying with family/friends do not qualify for assistance with housing
- The loss of electricity alone does not qualify for a grant UNLESS electricity is a medical necessity or power has been out for 48 hours.
- Associates apply primarily through a member of local management
- In large scale events, associates may submit requests via phone
- Grant funds will be distributed primarily via payroll transaction and funds will be available in 2 business days
- For same-day needs, a Western Union wire may be issued for immediate access
- Associates with same-day needs will be required to physically pick-up funds at a local Western Union outlet
- Access to funds via Western Union are determined locally and availability may be limited based on local conditions (many outlets may be closed for operation)
- Western Union confirmation numbers will be provided via email, so please provide accurate email address for associates
- Associates must provide an email address in order to retrieve the required confirmation number to access their Western Union funds
- Associates must use funds for housing, food and/or clothing
CLICK THE BUTTON BELOW TO APPLY IN AN ACTIVE DISASTER RESPONSE
URGENT, BUT NON-CRITICAL NEEDS
The Homer Fund's standard Direct Grant application is available for post-storm needs for associates who need assistance to:
- pay insurance deductibles, and/or
- replace clothing
- pay past due rent/mortgage
- pay past due basic utilities (electricity, gas and water only)
- pay past due car loan/insurance
- pay for extended timeframe in hotel after the home in which the associate was living is severely damaged or destroyed
- move into a new residence after the home in which the associate was living is severely damaged or destroyed
- repair current/primary residence due to being uninsured or underinsured (structural, not aesthetic); the associate must own the home and have partnered with their insurance company prior to applying for Homer Fund assistance
- The Homer Fund will only focus on structural necessary to return the associate's home to a safe and livable condition
- The Homer Fund will not consider aesthetic repairs or repairs outside the main residence (for example, fence or garage repair)
- pay insurance deductibles; the associate must own the home and have partnered with their insurance company prior to applying for Homer Fund assistance, and/or
- offset cost of replacing clothing and food
Applications are to be submitted by local management post-disaster once need is determined and appropriate documentation (i.e., insurance claim letter, repair estimates, etc.) is received.
To reach a Homer Fund staff member with questions or concerns, please email Homer_Fund@homedepot.com.