In an ongoing effort to assist more associates through the Direct Grant program, The Homer Fund has expanded the list of the Direct Grant's qualifying events and expenses.
1) WHO QUALIFIES FOR THIS ASSISTANCE?
Assistance with paying costs related to housing and taking on the care of new household members may be available to:
- Home Depot associates who can document the unanticipated guardianship of children, grandchildren, etc. (i.e., guardianship or legal custody paperwork,),
- Home Depot associates who can document the detailed cost related to said new household members (i.e, cost of moving to a larger residence),
- Home Depot associates who cannot afford to pay the expenses related to the care of the new household members
All other existing criteria for a Direct Grant must be met (review guidelines HERE).
2) WHAT DOCUMENTS ARE NECESSARY TO APPLY?
As with every Direct Grant, the associate in need must complete the Direct Grant Prep Pack, providing all relevant information based on the situation causing the hardship. In addition to the Direct Grant Prep Pack, the Home Depot associate must provide proof of relationship (i.e., obituary, birth certificate), a current and unpaid copy of the detailed funeral expense statement from the funeral home (if seeking help with funeral expenses), or proof of the cost to travel for the funeral (if seeking help with traveling to attend funeral services; an airplane quote/receipt, mileage to drive to/from services is required). Once all documentation has been compiled, the associate must partner with an authorized sponsor (ASDS, HR partner, or any salaried manager) to formally apply for Homer Fund assistance.
3) HOW DO I APPLY FOR THIS ASSISTANCE?
If you are an associate in need, you may only apply through your ASDS, HR partner or any salaried manager (these people are called "sponsors"). However, there are documents you must first complete and prepare to provide to your sponsor. CLICK HERE to access the Direct Grant Prep Pack.
Authorized sponsors must log into their personal Homer Fund account in order to access the applications. Remember that the associate in need CANNOT access the application without your help, so please be prepared to help the associate through the process. Contact The Homer Fund at Homer_Fund@homedepot.com for help with creating and accessing your personal account.
4) WHO SHOULD I CONTACT WITH QUESTIONS?
You may call (770) 384-2611 to speak with a Homer Fund representative. You may also email The Homer Fund at Homer_Fund@homedepot.com.