Financial Counseling: ClearPoint
Your financial wellness is just as important as your physical wellness. In an effort to help associates gain financial security, The Homer Fund partners with ClearPoint to provide free financial education. Through this partnership, associates of The Home Depot have access to:
- A dedicated ClearPoint phone line with counselors who can help you manage your finances during difficult times: 866-499-8771.
- An interactive website: http://www.clearpointu.org/homerfund
- This website provides free financial courses and financial calculators to help you make educated decisions to get out and stay out of debt.
- Free budget counseling, foreclosure prevention and debt management.
- The Homer Fund will make a contribution of up to $335 towards your debt management payment plan after you make your sixth payment. This amount will be set as an ADDITIONAL debt reduction payment to your creditors!
- Free financial workbooks
Planning and Advice: CARE/Solutions for Life
The Home Depot’s CARE/Solutions for Life program is available 24-hours a day, 365 days a year and helps associates resolve personal problems BEFORE they negatively affect health, relationships with others, or job performance. CARE provides confidential, professional counseling, education and referral services to associates and their household members.
CARE/Solutions for Life can help associates with a variety of issues including:
- Marital and family problems
- Child or adult/elder care issues
- Alcohol and/or drug abuse
- Balancing work and family
- Depression, anxiety and other issues regarding mental wellness
- Work-related concerns
- Financial or legal problems
- Relocation referrals and emergency shelter
- Parenting advice
- Retirement planning
- Financing education
- Career transition issues
- Personal growth and development
For more information regarding the services provided by CARE/Solutions for Life or to speak with a counselor, please call 800-553-3504 or click here.
Medical Bills: Health Advocate Team
With rising medical costs, many associates find that they are unable to pay their medical bills. The Home Depot offers associates a valuable program through the Health Advocate Team. This group can help negotiate medical bill payments, deal with benefit claims, and help you understand charges related to your treatment.
The Health Advocate Team is available Monday through Friday between 8:00 a.m. and 9:00 p.m. EST and can be reached by phone at 800-519-6689.
- Developing a Spending Plan (pdf)
- Working With Checking and Savings Accounts (pdf)
- Understanding Your Credit and Credit Report (pdf)
- Getting a Loan (pdf)